The Karen Quill Scholarship Fund is a memorial scholarship fund for college tuition that supports the legacy of Karen Quill, RN in her work as a young union and social justice activist. This fund serves current members of any union as well as children of union parents.
We remember Karen for what she did best: build relationships, solve problems, make things better for her patients, colleagues, and fellow community members, and for her favorite quote from labor activist Mother Jones (right):
"Pray for the dead but fight like hell for the living".
- be a current member of any union, or the child of a union member (current or retired).
- attend an accredited school located within Vermont and approved for federal Title IV funding (Pell grants, Stafford loans, PLUS loans)
- be seeking a degree in nursing
- demonstrate financial need
- demonstrate community involvement/service
Information on the VSAC website about this scholarship will be updated in October, 2013 (note: the eligibility information currently on the VSAC website is incorrect).